Sunday, December 27, 2009

A new home for my blog

In my life, several issues seem to recur and intersect. Luckily, I have enough academic and professional outlets to keep me fed with contacts, intellectual stimulation, and research opportunities, so the wheel keeps turning, making connections among seemingly unrelated ideas.

The things I think about include :

  • Health care and rehab for our injured and sick veterans
  • Health care, including mental health care, for everyone
  • Education reform and universal accessibility to higher education
  • Science and its role in society
  • Transparency in government, politics, ngo’s, charitable organizations including churches, and publicly traded companies

If you know me well you will realize how these things mesh together for me.

My past blogs were sometimes picked up by a “national media organization.” That doesn’t mean that I got paid, it means they needed “content.”

I decided to return to blog writing because the issues that concern me have not gone away, and I notice that some very smart and well placed people refuse to write publicly. I am not that smart, and not that well placed, but what I have been able to do, at times, is to synthesize and catalyze some issues into manageable bits.

The ad you may see on my blog page is an experiment. Google pairs content relevant ads to blogs like mine, which may result in revenue to the blog creator (me). Will this be a money-generator, even to a small extent? I don’t know, but let’s try!

© [BBrezvan] and [Thoughts for food], [2009]. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to [BBrezvan] and [Thoughts for food] with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments: